Colin McRae Rally 2005 is the fifth game in a proud legacy. With over 30 available vehicles, you can drive not only modern rally cars like Subaru Impreza WRX or Lancer Evolution VIII but also classic ones like Citroën Saxo or VW Golf GTi. Your driving possibilities depend on the car you select. As you move forward on levels, you will be able to choose better cars. Each one of the 70 stages, placed in 9 different countries, will make you pay attention to the car's setup in order to win.
Drive from the harrowing turns in the forests of Finland to the narrow roads and drop-offs of Greece. This videogame really conveys the feel of each race, combining vibration support and excellent visual feedbacks. You are free to enjoy every detail thanks to the three different first person camera perspectives available. Besides, if you get tired of playing alone, it also comes along with a really smooth online mode to test your abilities with your friends.
How to play in your PC
You must take several things into account when starting a race in CMR 2005. For example, the weather will determine how things go when racing, so you better consult the forecast before heading out on any of the 70 stages! The game normally gives a preview of the next two levels for you to be aware of the race details, including length, surface type, time of the day and even a zoomable map of the zone.
During the race, you will have a damage indicator in the lower left corner of the screen. It follows a color-based style, being red the worst situation. There are two types of damage in Colin McRae Rally 2005: normal and advanced. But even with the former activated it is quite difficult to completely destroy a car.
Colin McRae Rally 2005 Features
The unique features of Colin McRae Rally 2005 are the following:
- 30 fully featured cars such as Toyota Celica GT-FOUR, Volkswagen Golf MK5, Alfa Romeo 147 GTA or, Lancia Stratos among some others
- 70 race levels
- 9 international locations available in ‘Rally Mode’: UK, Sweden, USA, Australia, Finland, Greece, Spain, and Japan
- Several playing modes including ‘Challenge’ or ‘Championship’
- Three different camera perspectives and blurred vision effect when contacting a hard object
- Tight driving experience
- Great graphics, especially when it comes to lighting and vehicles’ damages, as any of them gets destroyed like the other
- Realistic and varied atmospheric and engine sound
- Online mode to play with other people
If you want to read more information about this game before you download it for your PC, feel free to visit the developer's website .
System Requirements for the download and installation
Below you can find the minimum system requirements for the download and setup of this game in your PC:
- Processor: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent 1 GHz
- Operating System: Windows 98 or later
- RAM: 256 MB
- VGA: 64 MB 3D video card
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB of free space