Rome: Total War is a PC strategy game which is set in the early beginning of the Roman Empire.
Rome Total War is a real-time game that users can download for conquering this historical city. While playing this free trial, you will be able to choose between three different armies: the Brutii, the Scipii and the Julii. Whatever your choice is, the full game will present specific missions and objectives you will have to accomplish in order to dominate your enemies and win the final battle.
Moreover, Rome: Total War offers the possibility of choosing the role as a member of your faction. For instance, you can easily become the head of your army and lead your own strategy to defeat your rivals.
Rome Total War enables you to test your strategy and tactical skills. These kind of games provide both a realistic gameplay and storyline thanks to its graphics and sound effects. Besides, you can get full level of detail while fighting one battle after another, developing military maneuvers or putting offensive and defensive tactics into practice.
On the other hand, this software also simplifies the actions and movements the player has to develop thanks to its handy keyboard commands, which make your progress easier and faster through the different scenarios.
In addition, it offers two different modes: single-player, in which you will be able to play against the machine, and multiplayer, which lets you enjoy this game along with your friends.
Other similar games to Rome Total War
In the first one, you will be able to take part of one of three armed forces: China, United States or an Islamic terrorist organization. The second one is set after the fall of the Roman Empire and comes with thirteen civilizations from that time, such as Celts, Vikings or Byzantines among others.
Although they are all a bit different as they count with different characters and are set in different scenarios and periods of time, the key of these three games is practically the same: being stronger than the enemies, dominate them and conquer a part of the world.
Rome: Total War Features
This game has the following features:
- It’s set between Roman Republic and Roman Empire
- Choose between belonging to Julii, Brutii or Scipii Roman houses
- Also, there are 8 additional unlocked factions: Egypt, The Greek Cities, Carthage, Gaul, the Seleucid Empire, Britannia, Parthia and Germania
- There are 10 more factions but they’re nonplayable ones such as Spain, Macedon, Armenia, Dacia and Numidia among others
- Real-time tactical battles across Europe, Near East and North Africa
- You have to develop infrastructures, manage population’s growth and moving armies among others
- Great variety of buildings such as aqueducts, amphitheatres, academies or temples among others
- Three types of agents: assassins, diplomats and spies
- Each building increase different people skills like happiness, wellbeing or economy
- Single-player and multiplayer modes
- You have to conquer 50 provinces to win
- Great variety of units such as cavalry, infantry, artillery or archers among others
- Short game mode included in which you only need to conquer 15 provinces
If you’re interested in reading more information about it, you can do it here
If you are interested in playing a realistic game with both tactical and strategic features, try Rome Total War and put into practice your skills as a soldier and show your ambition to conquer vast empires.
You can use this software for a limited time
Some functions are restricted
- Automated keyboard commands
- Easy to play
- There are only two playable battles available