Dragon Ball Online is a MMORPG developed by Namco Bandai and based on the worldwide known anime of the same name.
If you were a fan of Goku’s adventures in your childhood, then this game will give the nostalgic feeling you were looking for. Set 216 years after the events of Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Online will allow you to play an original character whether you decide to be human, a majin or a namekian, and travel through the world meeting other characters and searching for the seven dragon balls.
However, if you are worried about the game’s loyalty to the original manga, you have nothing to be scared of as the game has been completely supervised by Dragon Ball’s original creator, Akira Toriyama. Furthermore, events that have not been created by Toriyama, such as Dragon Ball GT, will not be considered in this game.
As an MMORPG, in Dragon Ball Online you will have to go through the entire world fighting against the enemies in order to gain experience and increase your level of abilities while interacting with other gamers from all over the world. The missions you’ll have to achieve are divided into different categories such as the training to compete in the Tenkaichi Budokai Tournament or the searching for the dragon balls, among others.
Moreover, some of the original characters of the manga will make their appearance on the game from time to time, so you better watch out and look for them.
There is a bunch of similar possibilities to Dragon Ball Online that you can find for free around the Net. For instance, you can check SilkRoad Online, which is also a MMORPG in which you travel to an ancient times and be a merchant, a hunter or even a thief as the story develops.
Another possibility, more similar to Dragon Ball in terms of setting is Digimon Battle, based on the anime of the same name, in which you will take control of a Digimon Tamer and fight against different players while your Digimons increase their powers.
Dragon Ball Online 1.51.72 Features
Below you can find the unique features of this multiplayer game:
- You will have the opportunity of going back in time being helped by the Time Patrol (Time Machine Quests)
- Players control a character from a third-person point of view
- Massively Online Multiplayer
- Three types of races: Humans, Namekians and Majins
- Three different kinds of Humans: Martial artist (after level 30 they can become Swordsmaster or Polemaster); Spiritualist (Chiaotzu and Tien) or Engineer (Bulma)
- Two classes of Namekians: Dragon Clan (who have the ability of healing) and Warriors
- Two different types of Majins: Wonder Majin (Plasma Majin, Karma Majin) and Mighty Majin (Grand Chef Majin and Ultimate Majin)
- After taking the 7 Dragon Balls, Humans can get Super Saiyan form, Namekians a giant form, and the Majins the Majin Buu
- Possibility of teleporting via the Yardrats
- High Tension Blows from level 30
- Players can start some crafts to upgrade items, equipment or weapons. As they increase their crafting skills, they will get better items
- One-to-one duels and tournaments (The World Martial Arts Tournament)
For more information, click on the .
If you were a Dragon Ball fan then this game is an ideal choice for you. However, even if you were not one of them you can also enjoy this fun and entertaining game thanks to its fluent gameplay, as well as its beautiful graphics that will make you feel as if you were watching one of the series’ episodes.
- Free software
- Loyal to the manga and anime
- Graphics are a bit outdated