C++ Builder is a rapid application development (RAD) environment for developing projects in C++ programming language, initially developed by Borland. It combines a C++ compiler with the Visual Component Library (VCL) and an IDE that has been written in Delphi. This software includes a WYSIWYG GUI builder that helps the user in the task of programming, thanks to its tools that allow users drag-and-drop visual development.
C++ Builder allows you to obtain a faster performance, delivering native compiled applications
The ANSI/ISO C++ compiler included for free is a powerful tool. Added to an advanced IDE with some productivity-enhancing features, it enables you to achieve a rapid development. Using C++ Builder you can create iOS applications that connect with REST services, and enterprise data using your knowledge, C++ language skills and source code. Using a single IDE, codebase and framework, you can develop for Windows, OS X and iOS. C++ Builder allows you to obtain a faster performance, delivering native compiled applications.
Standards support helps the customer to maintain, build, extend and re-use code. It has been proven that C++ language extends the application longevity while it increments time to market. Using Visual LiveBlindings you don’t need to work with complex code and expressions. It is possible to make connections graphically with its simple interface. If you download this free software application, FireDAC tool will allow you easy access to more databases handling more devices. C++ Builder supports server connectivity to a wide range of databases such as MySQL, InterBase, SQLite, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL, Advantage DB, SQL Anywhere, Access, Firebird, DataSnap, Informix, and others. You can download a free trial to try it out.
It was developed by Borland, but nowadays Embarcadero Technologies owns it. It shares many libraries and has the same interface as Delphi. C++ Builder can also incorporate Delphi code. It has suffered a massive evolution since its inception. This last version contains extremely useful tools for software developers who are looking for a powerful, simple and high-speed environment for the creation of their projects.
You can find and download a lot of information for free. On the official website, you can find plenty of video demos of the product, screenshots that explain most of the important features, documentation, tutorials, and even webinars if you want more in-depth technical information. We also recommend “Borland C++ Builder” where you can find information about C++ language. Is it enough help to manage the application? Do you think that this software gives all the benefits above mentioned?
C++ Builder XE6 Features
- RAD Multi-device app platform
- iOS and Android support
- Your code runs on the device, which reduces the risks of attacks
- You are able to manage one codebase, with one team, one schedule and also one budget, for several platforms without the necessity of sacrificing performance
- Fast GPU and CPU performance
- Time Picker control on OS X and Windows
- Built-in search filtering using TListView on OS X and Windows
- Optimizations in FM Platform performance
- It integrates FireDAC for Enterprise, Professional and Architect, and Ultimate editions
- REST Client support
- Authorization support
- TRestRequest, TRestResponse, and TRestClient components
- REST Debugger tool enables you to test REST calls
- Support for both 64-bit and 32-bit
For more information, you can visit the developer’s website here
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 (both 64-bit and 32-bit)
- Processor: Intel Pentium 1.6 GHz or compatible
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- HDD: 3 GB of free space
- Monitor: 1024x768 or higher-resolution monitor
- Input devices: Mouse
- Optical drive: DVD-ROM drive
- DirectX 9.0 class or better