Adobe After Effects CS6 is the latest version of this classic software focused on animations and effects for videos. This version has significantly improved the motion graphics and cinematic effects. There have been huge enhancements made, such as the opportunity to keep one open project loaded on the cache whilst you are working on a second project.
The integration with other programs from the Adobe Suite has been improved, not only for Adobe Premiere, also for Illustrator. Now, you will have a dedicated command for creating shapes on vector layers. But the greatest improvement of this version is the new Ray-traced 3D rendering engine. This new engine will allow you to make designs in 3D easily and quickly. It also offers several new effects to apply such as a refraction index, transparency or reflection.
How to use this software
Once you download and launch Adobe After Effects CS6, you will see a window asking you whether you want to create a new project or open an existing file. For example, due to the integration with other programs the Adobe Suite, you will be able to edit and apply filters and templates to Photoshop images. You can deactivate this window and go directly back to the interface the next time you run it.
The interface is divided into different parts. On the left part of the screen you will find the project window. There, you will view your imported files and creations. In order to organize them, you can create as many folders as you want. The timeline is located at the bottom of the screen, and it displays your composition contents, duration, properties, etc. The preview window is in the center of the interface and will allow you to see how your project looks. Finally, on the right side of the screen, moving from the upper part to the lower one, you will find the tool panels you can configure at your will, the playback controls and the ‘Effects & Presets’ palette with a wide range of templates, filters and effects to apply to your composition.
Adobe After Effects CS6 Features
The unique features of Adobe After Effects CS6 are the following:
- With 3D Camera Tracker you will be able to monitor elements and control their shadows, reflections, etc.
- The ‘Global Performance Cache’ saves your previews and keeps you from waiting for frame updates
- You can remove and repair rolling shutter artefacts without affecting stabilization with ‘Rolling Shutter Repair’
- Adobe After Effects CS6 integrates Adobe Illustrator to allow you to convert vector graphics and shape layers
- Around 90 new or enhanced built-in effects and templates, such as the 32-bit CycoreFX HD suite
- Possibility of extruding ray-traced texts and shapes
- Mask feather width can be varied
- GPU acceleration has been improved regarding previews and final-quality rendering
- Enhanced integration with mocha AE
- Possibility of importing other application's projects like Final Cut Pro thanks to ‘Pro Import After Effects’ tool
To explore more functionalities and options of this software before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site .
Below you can find the minimum system requirements for the free download and setup of this program:
- Operating System: Windows XP (32bit) or later
- Processor: Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ or Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
- RAM: 2GB of memory
- Hard Disk Space: 10 GB of free space
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 256MB / Radeon X1950 XTX or higher compatible with DirectX 9
You can find more information about the tech specs here .