Virtua Tennis Challenge is a tennis videogame developed by SEGA. It is available for iOS and Android smartphones. This is the first installment of Virtua Tennis Franchise released for mobile devices, and offers elaborate gameplay mechanics and up to 50 different players that you will have to defeat in 18 international stadiums located around the world.
This app brings you different game modes to enjoy playing tennis; you will be free to start your own career on the SPT World Tour, play an exhibition match choosing from amongst unlocked characters, or get online action by competing against other people in Multiplayer mode, using WiFi or via Bluetooth.
How to Play
Virtua Tennis Challenge offers different shots that you can perform and perfect. You can use default touch control to play the game, but it is hard to master and sometimes it doesn’t offer the control you need for 120 mph services. The ball can easily go right past the character if you drag your finger across the screen for too long. You are free to try other alternative ways of playing, like the Game Pad control, the Virtual Pad or the Arcade method. You will have virtual buttons and visible commands which will help you to perform real-life techniques like drop shots, top spins or lobs accurately. You will also have the chance to perform a dramatic super shot that reminds one of Mario Tennis. The shots and the physics of the game are quite realistic.
Virtua Tennis Challenge offers elaborate gameplay mechanics and up to 50 different players that you will have to defeat in 18 international stadiums located around the world.
You will be able to play as one of 50 available characters, but you will not be able to recreate real matches, since the players are fictional. Some of the characters are obviously based on real players, like Bojan Jovanovic (Novak Djokovic) or Fernando Sanchez (Rafael Nadal). There are grass, clay and hard surfaces and a wide range of locations. However, there are no real world grand slam locations. You will be able to play singles and doubles matches that tend to be lengthy, depending on the difficulty level you selected.
Virtua Tennis Challenge 4.5.4 Features
Here are some of the features of Virtua Tennis Challenge before you download it:
- Create your own playing style: perform true-to-life shots, like lobs or top spins, using different gestures
- Adapt to your environment: choose your shots carefully, depending on the stadium and the surface on which you are competing
- Several modes: start your own career in SPT World Tour, play Exhibition Matches or a Quick Match
- Multiplayer mode available: compete against other players online or play a face-to-face match using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- 50 available characters: each character has its own style and traits. You will have to choose the one that suits your playing style best
If you are interested in Virtua Tennis Challenge and you need more information before you download this app, feel free to check the developer’s official website.
The minimum system requirements to download this app are:
- Operating System: Android 2.3 or higher/ iOS 4.3 or higher
- Hard Disk: 382 MB required for Android/ 303 MB required for iOS