Microsoft Outlook 2013 is an email manager that belongs to the popular MS Office productivity suite. This program allows you to control not only more than one email account, but also tasks, appointments and calendars. Microsoft Outlook 2013 offers some interesting new features, but what makes it stand out from the rest are its cloud services integration and its support for touch-enabled devices. In fact, its interface has been redesigned with the aim of approaching a Windows 8 functional style.
Exchange ActiveSync technology allows syncing of more than one account in one single email service
One of the characteristics that users appreciate most is the support for Exchange ActiveSync technology, which allows syncing of more than one account in one single email service. It does not matter if they are POP3, IMAP, Hotmail, etc., you will have access to them all in one program. Similarly, Microsoft Outlook 2013 has social connectors that allow for receiving notifications from your social networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
What’s new in this version?
The novelties of Microsoft Outlook 2013 can be divided into three areas: communication, management and findings. When it comes to communication, this Office program now previews messages in the message list, which allows you to know which need to be read first. Also, inline replies are enabled, which means you can respond with just a click. The only thing you need to do is start typing on the Reading Pane and then press send when your text is finished. In addition, you can use commands to perform quicker actions such as deleting or marking messages as read or unread. ‘All’ and ‘Unread’ buttons will help you to select whether you want to view all the messages in your inbox or only those pending.
Focusing on management, this version allows you to take a peek at your schedule, calendars, tasks, appointments and People Card without having to rearrange the windows or switch from one view mode to another. You have all the options in a bar located in the lower part on the screen, and just by positioning the mouse over the option (without clicking) you will have a quick view of all the information. This bar also allows for switching modes in a fast way. Besides, with Microsoft Outlook 2013, you can see all your contact details in just one place. People Card functionality collects all contact details (home, email, phone, address, etc.) and allows for scheduling meetings, sending instant messages or calling directly from the card.
Regarding findings, we can say that its built-in browser has been enhanced, in order to find messages, attachments, contacts and calendar appointments even faster. You can apply filters to your search too. Now, in Microsoft Outlook 2013 you can also check the forecast thanks to its Weather Bar, located in the Calendar view. It not only displays temperature, but also humidity, precipitation and wind conditions.
Microsoft Outlook 2013 15.0.4420.1017 Features
The unique features of Microsoft Outlook 2013 are as follows:
- Support for Exchange ActiveSync technology
- Navigation bar giving access to the main functions
- Messages preview and inline replies
- Office 365 integration
- Possibility of sharing calendars online
- Social connectors that allow for receiving notifications from your social networks, including Facebook and Twitter, among others
- People Card which includes all the details of a person and which allows performing calls, scheduling meetings or sending messages directly from the card
- Enhanced built-in search engine and possibility of using filters to find things in a faster way
- Possibility to complement it with free add-ons you can download from the internet
- Weather Bar to check the forecast, with details about temperature, humidity, precipitation or wind, among others
If you want to read more information about this program before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to download and install Microsoft Outlook 2013 are listed below:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2012 or further
- Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU
- RAM Memory: 1 GB
- HDD: 3 GB of free space available