Microsoft Office OneNote 2013 is a note-taking software developed by the well-known company Microsoft. It is mainly a multi-user collaboration program which gathers users’ notes, audio commentaries or even drawings. Besides, it is available for different operating systems including mobile ones, such as Windows, iOS, Windows Phone, Android or Symbian, which allows you to have a great flexibility to work wherever you want.
This notebook is included in the most common Office productivity packages, with other well-known programs such as Word, PowerPoint or Access, which you will recognise from the moment you download the whole suite. Nevertheless, the main difference from Microsoft Office OneNote 2013 and any other text processors is that users can virtually work without the necessity of being in the same place together. In fact, its web-based version is provided as a part of Office Web Apps or SkyDrive, which is possible to access to through your Outlook e-mail. Now you can feel free to meet your co-workers and do everything online and from the device you want.
Although it’s not a free application, it’s the most complete note-taking software taking into account its tabbed sections, sync with other devices, PDF annotate and save capabilities, keyboard text entries, whiteboarding, handwriting recognition, the possibility of writing a note via pen-ink or choosing if you want to print it or not. Additionally, there are similar programs that are quite interesting such as Jarnal, but you can’t write annotations using pen-ink and it’s not tabbed in sections; or the well-known Evernote, which doesn’t allow whiteboarding. However, Microsoft Office OneNote 2013 guarantees a great performance and is the most complete one.
What’s new in 2013’s version?
First of all, to start using Microsoft Office OneNote 2013 you have to sign in your personal Outlook account in order to use SkyDrive. Every file that you use in SkyDrive is automatically saved and then, you will be able to use it in other devices such as computers, tablets or smartphones. At the moment you open it, you will see a column in the left-side of the screen with several options such as Info, New, Open, Print, Share, Export, Send Account or Options. ‘Share’ option allows you to work with your co-workers by sharing your files. You just have to put it on SkyDrive or even on SharePoint.
Additionally, you will see a quite familiar interface due to the fact that it’s pretty similar to any Word document to which surely you are used to. There, you will be able to change the format, add headings, create and find tags, enjoy full screen mode or even use Outlook tasks. Thanks to its ‘Export’ feature, you can take screenshots of your document or just export the whole page in the format you want (.docx, .doc, PDF, .xps, .one or .mht, among others). Besides, one of its strongest points is that tables have been really improved; you can add colour to them (as with PowerPoint) or even sort the content in alphabetic order. Once you finish creating a table, you can convert it to an Excel spreadsheet.
Microsoft OneNote 2013 15.0.4420.1017 Features
The main features of this Office program (included in the same pack with PowerPoint, Word, Access and others) are listed below:
- Your documents will be always available in all kinds of devices thanks to OneNote Mobile functionality
- Annotations will be automatically sync via SkyDrive and SharePoint to keep them updated in all your devices
- All your content (photos, videos, notes, links, etc.) gathered in the same page
- Use the keyboard or your hand (touch-enabled controls)
- Many edition tools with different fonts, textures and size
- Create and customize charts and tables
- Powerful search engine to look for anything on your document
- Additional auto-saving option
- Share your notes with your contacts via SkyDrive or SharePoint
- More than one person can edit your notes content. You can see who has made changes thanks to different profile tags
If you want to read more information about this download, you can do it at the developer’s website.
If you want to download Microsoft Office OneNote 2013, we recommend you to firstly check its system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or above
- Processor: 1GHz or higher x86-bit or x64-bit with SSE2
- RAM: 1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
- Graphic card compatible with DirectX 10
- HDD: 3GB of free space available
- Screen resolution: 1366x768
- Cloud services requires Internet connection
- Multi-touch characteristic needs a touch-enabled device
- Windows Search 4.0 is required for Instant Search functionality