MaskMe for Chrome is a protection tool for your Chrome browser. It allows you to ensure your online privacy by masking your email addresses when you register in any website. Usually, when you want to access to a specific web service, you are asked to provide your email address to create a new profile. Unfortunately, this is normally translated into spam and annoying emails in your inbox.
For that reason, if you do not feel comfortable by giving your personal data to unknown sites, you can use MaskMe for Chrome as it generates disposable addresses for you to access and take the most of these webpages without worrying about what your data will be used for. Besides, with the premium service of MaskMe for Chrome you can also have phone numbers generation.
How to use this security program
Once you have installed the extension on your browser, you just need to go to the ‘context menu’ and set up a new masked address for your account every time you need one. Besides, this program will automatically keep your login details so you do not have to fill them every time you access a site. This is pretty useful if you have a large variety of passwords and do not always remember them.
The good thing about this program is that it is both an account manager and a security tool at the same time. It needs to be noted that email protection is more important that it seems as it connects all our online activity, sometimes creating a detailed profile about us.
MaskMe for Chrome 1.35.335 Features
The unique features of this software are the following:
- Keep your addresses private
- Generate and mask emails making them more difficult to break its security
- Include a password generator
- Store the accounts you mask in your computer, for you not to lose any details. It also stores non-mask accounts
- Synchronization across devices, as your account information will be stored in the cloud
- Pop-up box that appears when you are visiting registration pages
- Create a list of your masked emails for you to keep track of all of them
- ‘Autofill’ feature will remember the information of your address for you to filling it every time you return to the page
If you want to learn more about MaskMe for Chrome before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site .
System Requirements for the free download and setup
Below you can find the minimum system requirements for the free download and setup of this protection software:
- Chrome browser installed
- OS: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server, Windows 7 and Windows 8
With MaskMe for Chrome users will maintain their personal data safe. This extension for Google Chrome browser generates masked addresses to use them when you need to register or create a new profile in certain websites. This way, you won’t have to deal with more annoying spam in your inbox and your personal information won’t be in someone else’s possession.
- Safe mail and password generation
- Synchronization across devices
- Storage of login and passwords
- Inclusion of Auto-fill feature
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Limited features in the trial version