Civilization IV is a PC strategy game which is the fourth installment of the acclaimed Civilization series. As other similar games, it will allow you to build and expand your own empire as well as becoming an influential leader. However, Civilization IV comes with outstanding features to manage, build and expand your civilizations.
Released in 2005, it was critically acclaimed by both fans and gaming websites around the world. For instance, IGN awarded Civilization IV as the PC Game of the Year in 2005 and GameSpot chose it as the Best PC Game of 2005. Besides that, this software won Strategy Game of the Year at the ninth Annual Interactive Achievement Awards. In addition, the theme Beba Yetu won the Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist at the Grammy Awards in 2010.
More civilizations, weapons and units
As other similar games, Civilization IV allows players to defeat their enemies through battles, weapons and vast armies. However, dominance can be also achieved through diplomatic relations with religious or cultural alliances. In addition, the player will be encouraged to use the geography or terrain features, develop infrastructure and achieve leadership through scientific and cultural progress.
In this new edition, Civilization IV integrates more civilizations, units and weapons. For instance, while playing Civilization IV, you can choose one of the 18 nations that the game provides and take advantage of a massive arsenal of weapons. This way, you will be able to use catapults, modern tanks, submarines, frigates, helicopters or even nuclear weapons, among others depending in which age you are.
On the other hand, one of the good things about the download of Civilization IV is that it offers players a great control over their empire as well as a huge contrast between different civilizations and leaders. Each of them has its own characteristics and you will have to be careful in order to choose the right leader for your campaign. For instance, some of them are reasonably peaceful while others are conquerors and are eager to expand rapidly.
Civilization IV Features
The unique features of Civilization IV are listed below:
- More civilizations and units to make your empire even bigger
- Multiplayer modes: you are free to compete and cooperate with other gamers
- Team player: you can set alliances to deliver new tactical options such as those related to shared territory or visibility, among others
- Tech tree: you will be able to make more strategic choices to develop your civilizations along new paths
- Living 3D world with animated units and customizable armies
- Optimized map editor with Python and XML support
- Choose the right leader: civilizations have several leaders with different character traits
- Great People points: they can be earned when you use specialists like the engineer, scientist, tycoon, artist or prophet
- 7 religions can be unlocked
- Promotions: you can gain bonuses to attack, defend and improve your movement or sight, among others
For further information about this download, feel free to visit the official website .
The minimum system requirements to download and play this strategy game are the following:
- Operating system: Windows 2000 or higher
- Processor: 1.2 GHz
- Memory: 256 MB
- Free hard disk space: 1.7 GB
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce 2, 64MB / Radeon 7500 64MB or higher
- Graphic card compatible with DirectX 9