This extension is a strategy game in which you will have to fight to defend your territory and try to conquer the others’ one. It’s an expansion of the game Age of Empires II - The Age of Kings.
You will have to fight in real-time in the same scene than in the main version, with the inclusion of some well-known leaders, like Attila the Hun, El Cid or Montezuma. You will enjoy playing this new version, which will remind you of the principal game but with some new and entertaining concepts.
This expansion recovers the great leaders of the past. You will be allowed to play like if you were in that moment fighting in real-time. Besides, this game includes five different civilizations with their own characteristics: Huns, Koreans, Mayan, Spanish and Aztecs.
You can fight with their typical weapons in three new battles: King of the Hill, Wonder Race and also Defend the Wonder. Similarly, it includes four different campaigns, so you’ll never get bored of playing it.
The first one will take you to the exotic Asia, exactly China, India and Japan and you could play in multiplayer mode. The second one takes place from the end of Roman Empire to 1.000 years later. Think the ideal strategy for each period of time and create the strongest village of the world.
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion Features
Here are the main features of this PC game:
- Five new civilizations (Mayans, Spanish, Huns, Koreans and Aztecs) with a Wonder of the World (Torre del Oro in Spain, Arch of Augustus in Rome, etc.)
- Three latest game modes: King of the Hill, Defend the Wonder and Wonder Race
- New locations with different textures (winter and tropical)
- Enhanced AI on character’s faces and arms
- Four more single player campaigns (with Attila, El Cid, Montezuma and Battles of Conquerors mode with real based battles)
- Additional units from each civilization: Conquistador, War wagon, Hussar, etc. (both unique and general)
- New characters: El Cid, Attila the Hun, King Alfonso, King Sancho or Henry V
- New maps (Arena, Oasis, Mongolia, Ghost Lake, etc.) and real places to create maps like Britain, Texas, Italy, Central America, etc.
For more information, you can visit the author's webpage .
This expansion is a great strategy game, ideal for those who love the saga and want to experience new battles, new weapons and a new storyline.
Some restricted functions
- Interesting storyline
- Quite original
- New civilizations
- Too many limitations