ooVoo is an instant messaging client that combines chat, files sharing and video call features; things you will enjoy once you sign up. With ooVoo you will be able to login in computers, mobiles and tablets. Besides, it can handle webcam devices up to 2 megapixels. Also, during video conference it allows adding effects such as sepia or blurring. In the menu you will find ‘My ooVoo Card’, with which you will be able to change your account details and preferences.
Now you can simultaneosly have a conversation with up to 6 friends and even see them in full screen mode, something that will make your experience definitely much richer. The integration of social networks will be a strong point too. Besides, sharing files is possible up to 25MB. Also, in case you want to control who contacts you, there are 'privacy settings' for you to configure your visibility.
Unlike other competitors of the same category, ooVoo does not require that your interlocutors have this program installed too. It is enough with an internet connection, as you will be able to create a video conference link that you can share with the person you want to communicate. Its free service and its easy download make this application perfect for every kind of user.
How to install and use video conference and calls on this program
Getting ooVoo in your computer is quite easy. First download the file so you can start with the setup process. Then, you will need to create an account with a username and a password. Once you sign up, you will be welcomed and a window will appear for you to check both audio and video settings. Later, you will be asked to find and add your friends. Now you can make video calls.
Besides, its installation gives you the possibility of adding the ooVoo toolbar, which enhances the features of the application with more functions in your browser. You can change the settings in case you don’t want to have this ooVoo toolbar. Once you start the application, there is a tutorial which helps you to configure correctly to make it run in your computer, with the compatible devices you have installed.
ooVoo 18.104.22.168 Features
ooVoo includes the following features:
- You have to get an account to use it, but your interlocutor does not have to.
- Perform video conference up to 6 people in the free version, or 12 in the premium one
- Possibility of setting privacy controls in order to know who is able to see or contact you
- Share files of up to 25MB
- It integrates social networks like Facebook
- It allows doing phone calls to both mobile and landline. However, it does not work in all countries
- 3D interface and customizable windows: full screen mode or side bar view
- Possibility of sharing your screen to boost productivity
- HD Video and High Resolution
- It creates memories by recording video calls
You can go to the to find further information about ooVoo.
System Requirements to start using your account
Below you can check the minimum system requirements to download and install ooVoo:
- RAM: ooVoo requires at least 256MB
- Hard Disk Space: ooVoo needs 20MB free space
- Processor: Pentium 4 1GHz
- Webcam and headset to perform the video calls
- OS: Windows 2000, XP or Vista