PowerISO is a virtual drive application which can be used for mounting, burning or encrypting diverse CD and DVD images. It emulates disk formats as if they were actually inserted in a real CD drive. This function can help anybody to save time and money, since they won’t need to burn any disc unless the user wants. In this case PowerISO can also be helpful since PowerISO can burn images into CDs.
Among its functions you can find the possibility of ripping disks into your PC in order to get instant access to your information any time you need. Another great thing about PowerISO is that even though you are limited to your physical drive, you can emulate a great number of virtual drives. This way you can work alternatively with different images that can contain programs, video files or giant databases. The way PowerISO creates images can be configured if you want. You can select the grade of data compression or even the security level adding a password protection in PowerISO.
How to use this software as a mounter and burner
Once you download PowerISO, you are free to use it in several different ways, but the most popular ones are as an ISO burner and creator. In order to use PowerISO as a mounter you do not need to install another virtual drive, you just have to use the PowerISO virtual manager or click on the Shell Menu. If you use the main program, you have to click on "Mount" button in the toolbar, then in "Mount Image to Drive" and select the ISO file you desire and click on "Open". If on the other hand, you want to do it from the Shell Menu, you have to choose the ISO file you want, right-click in order to the shell menu appears, and click on "Mount Image to Drive...”.
If you want to use PowerISO as a burner, you will have to select "open" in the toolbar and select the file you want to burn. Then, click on "Burn" and the burn menu will be opened. Choose the burning drive, the burning speed and verify the written data. Finally, you just have to click on "Burn" and the burn will start. Apart from this uses, you can use PowerISO as extractor or creator.
PowerISO 6.6 Features
Below you will find the unique features that PowerISO has:
- Wide support of image formats (DAA, NRG, ISO, CDI and BIN among others)
- Easy ISO files open and extraction
- Possibility of burning ISO files to Blu-Ray, DVD and CD disk
- Creation of VCD, Data DVD, Video DVD, Audio CD and Data CD
- Supports MP3, APE, WMA, FLAC and BIN among other kind of files
- Possibility of editing ISO images
- You can mount disk image files with virtual drives
- PowerISO can convert images files between BIN and ISO among other formats
- Creation of bootable USB drives
- Clear and easy interface
If you want to know more information about PowerISO before you download this software, feel free to visit the developer's website .
Here you can find the minimum system requirements to download and use PowerISO:
- Operating System: Windows 98 or higher
- Processor: Intel Pentium 166MHz or above
- RAM: 64 MB RAM
- Hard Drive space: 10 MB free available (at least)