Hamachi is a free Virtual Private Network (VPN) client that lets you create an extended LAN network with absolutely zero-configuration. This application manages all the connections that are made to your home network, making it possible to take control over the new networks you create. In this way, devices such as wireless printers or additional laptops can connect to your home network without additional hardware equipment.
Installing Hamachi on your system allows you to not only create new connections, but also to access those devices that are connected, as long as they grant the necessary permissions. Running the application in the background allows this peer-to-peer feature. Thanks to this function, users can share and download any kind of content between them. This kind of communication gives the users the possibility of creating Local Area Networks for playing games, or just sending files directly without passing through a central server.
Hamachi is much easier than similar software since there is no need for advanced configurations
Hamachi is much easier to use than similar software since there is no need for advanced configurations. However, there are other options available such as routed tunneling to properly manage the Hamachi devices’ traffic, and even a built-in Web proxy to enable a powerful filter for improving the systems’ security while they are surfing the Internet.
Safety is essential
With Hamachi, you can create your own private server for enjoying online video games among other kinds of content. The security of these new networks is up to you since you set a password protected by AES 256-bit encryption. This feature allows you to handle networks the way you think would be best for additional users. Furthermore, there are additional options in the settings menu for encryption and compression in P2P connections, so the download speed may differ depending on the options marked.
The main target of Hamachi is home users, allowing them to create cost-effective private networks in a quick and easy way. The developer has granted this client the possibility of managing and restoring virtual networks directly from the Web service it offers. From this service, you can access a high number of tools that will be related to your user. This way you can set mesh, gateways or hub-and-spoke networks, managing the features of each one individually.
Hamachi 188.8.131.524 Features
These are the main features of Hamachi for your computer:
- Create and manage a new VPN server from your home network, available for authorized users
- Establish peer-to-peer connections for sharing and downloading your own content, or just for playing online with your friends like on a Local Area Network
- Access to any of the authorized clients, even if they are not attended, as long as they have Hamachi running as a background process.
- Different networking configurations such as Mesh, virtual gateway or hub-and-spoke
- 256-bit security level for encrypting your connections, the same as banks use for their data transfer
- Hamachi enables you to configure your VPN from its official website, providing your user information
If you want to learn more about Hamachi, feel free to visit its creators’ webpage through the following link.
These are the minimum specifications your computer must meet to run Hamachi:
- Operating system: any version of Windows XP or later
- Processor: Pentium II 200 MHz or faster
- Memory: 128 MB of RAM
- HDD: 9 MB free space on disk
- Internet connection